Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Dick Van Dyke (photos do not bend)

Recently I have gotten into watching (very) old television shows. This I do because normal tv generally consists of a bunch of filth and things I do not need to put into my mind. For the short time in my life that I had cable, I watched mostly the Disney Channel anyways. Go figure. I also do so because I really dig old things. Or rather, older things. I didn't get into Stargate SG-1 until it was actually on its 6th season because of syndication. I also dig Battlestar Galatica, and other old sci-fi channel type things. My favorite books were all published at least a century ago (normally more) and collect old cook books. But most recently through netflix DVDs and instant watch I've been enjoying Bewitched and Dick Van Dyke. If you like old stuff like me, you can really save money by only getting 1 DVD at a time and relying on instant watch for the rest. But back to my topic. Dick Van Dyke. I grew up watching him in Mary Poppins and on Diagnosis Murder, and now enjoy him in his own show (kind of backwards, isn't it?.) He is truly one of the great performers. Seriously. He could do everything, and was clean about it. I wish the actors of today could hold a candle to this icon.

No comments: